Team Championship Recap, August 7, 2010
![]() |
| Lara K. |
Even though I usually don't help the team scoring, I actually really love this race... I feel that in a way it showcases such a sense of community, both within the Flyers and within all the different teams, too. Even though I was wearing "Flyer Red, I still heard cheers along the course from other teams, which I definitely appreciated.
As for me, it wasn't the best of my recent races (apparently hardcore marathon training and a 5-mile race do not mix), but with a little help from my friends (teammates) I managed to have a strong last mile. Thanks to Jamey A. for encouraging me right after I felt beat from climbing Cat Hill, and Ed A. for convincing me I could catch the woman in front of me. And last, but definitely not least, thanks to the Flyers cheering contingent in the final stretch, which helped me give that little something extra for a smokin' hot last mile!
![]() |
| John Whitfield pours it on for our Men's Team! |
![]() |
| Kathy Kass, out for the Flyers' Women's Team! |
Open Women-13th
Masters Women-9th
Veteran Women-3rd
Senior Veteran Women-6th
Open Men-15th
Masters Men-7th
Veteran Men-12th
Senior Veteran Men-6th
Go Flyers!
-Lara K., Women's Sub-masters Team Captain
![]() |
| NY Flyers 2010 |




0 comments:
Post a Comment