Baby Runner Girl
Meet the newest runner of the New York Flyers community: Willa G.
![]() |
| Flyer Angela G's baby Willa -- sooo sweet! |
The first place I felt Willa had to see was Central Park. Anyone who runs in New York City has probably done a loop around the park. It’s a convenient escape from the city and provides a variety of terrain. Plus, you’re certain to run into someone you know in the running community. After I pointed all of this out to Willa, she snoozed in her stroller and happily dreamed about how she’d someday tackle the Harlem Hills.
![]() |
| Willa tours Central Park |
Central Park isn’t the only popular place to run. I also had to show her Riverside Park. In my opinion, Riverside Park and the path along the West Side Highway is the perfect place to up your mileage on flat ground. It’s also slightly less congested, especially in the early morning hours, but there is a strong wind off the Hudson in the winter and not much shade in the summer. Willa noted all of these facts and drifted off into a peaceful slumber with visions of her future self in a running skirt and compression socks cruising along the riverfront.
![]() |
| Willa strolls Riverside Park |
![]() |
| Angela G at 36 weeks! |
Perhaps Willa did not agree with my decision because she decided after only two short weeks into my running hiatus that it was time for her to see the world. If you ask me, she was bored in there and missed the regular runs. She probably also knew that the sooner she got out of there, the sooner she could get into that jogging stroller! But that won’t be for a few months. For now, I’m planning a short run in another couple of weeks. I want to make sure I’m completely recovered and ready to run. When I do return to the roads, I’ll employ a “reverse taper” strategy until I get my running legs back. Who knows, with this kind of sensible approach, I may find myself ready to rock the Club Champs in August!
Happy Mothers Day!
Angela G.




2 comments:
Very beautifully written. I smile when I imagine Willa running like her mother. Of course that is "every little girl's dream", right, Runner Mother?
Love her and you.
Nonna Anna
So sweet - we hope we get to meet her soon!
Texas cousins
Post a Comment