Flyers Blog to Focus on 9-11
SEPTEMBER 11TH – THEN AND NOW
During the coming week, the focus of the NY Flyers blog will be on the September 11, 2001 attacks.
Flyers were of course impacted in many ways on that day, and since that day. Tragically, one NY Flyer, Firefighter Vincent K, lost his life.
Two upcoming entries will feature Flyers newsletter articles written 10 years ago – one by Ed A, and another by Richard G.
While these will be the featured blog entries, I'd like to encourage all Flyers to use the Flyers blog to share whatever comes to mind (please see below).
Personally, I wonder what will or won't be going through my mind. On that day ten years ago, I lived about a block away from the WTC with my wife and our two very small kids. They were all home with my mother-in-law when the planes struck, and they were huddled in a basement when the towers came down, and before fleeing for safety. We never returned home, except for me to rescue our cat and retrieve some personal possessions.
It feels like a long time ago. And it feels like yesterday. How different would my life be today? Including basic things – Would I have taken up running? Would I have joined the Flyers?
SHARE YOUR STORIES, THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS
For Flyers who'd like to share their stories, thoughts and feelings about September 11 – then, now, and/or of the years in between – you can use the comments section below this blog entry, and/or on Ed's subsequent entry that will be posted on Sept 9th and/or on Richard's that will be posted on Sept 13th.
As always, to add your commentary, click on the word "comments" that's in red font at the bottom of the post. If you don't have a Google account and wish to write something in the comments section, you can just sign in as "anonymous" and then write what you like and put your first name and last initial when you submit your comment. It's easier than I've made it sound.
Dave K
NY Flyers Blogmaster
0 comments:
Post a Comment