Flyer of the Year: Deb Meyer
![]() |
| Deb M. |
As mentioned in my emotional words that followed, the New York Flyers is so much more than a running club. For over 10 years I have been blessed with wonderful memories and lifelong friends by being a Flyer. From joining after doing the Palisades run (still my favorite training run) to running NYC, Boston and so many other marathons, the Hood to Coast and Ragnar relays, volunteering at the Powergel station, pacing the More Half Marathon and NYRR long training runs, cleaning up our beloved Central Park and the many, many fun Gala events – all incredible experiences with my Flyer friends that have enriched my life so much.
![]() |
| Deb M with Flyers at More Half Marathon |
When I got injured last fall after the Steamtown Marathon and could barely run the next three months, I was lost. I was told to rest for 3-4 months in order to heal and I didn’t know what to do with myself. My daily routine was off, I was eating more, my mood wasn’t so great and I missed my morning group, weekend races and Central Park so much. This being the first time I was injured, I realized how much running and all of you do for me every single day. This past month I started spinning and swimming to get back in shape and am slowly running again. I am happy. I’m not where I was but just glad to be out there with Flyer friends on the brisk winter mornings.
Thank you all for the honor of Flyer of the Year and thank you for your love and support – both on and off the road. I feel very fortunate to have joined this great club. See you on the roads….
- Deb


1 comments:
Amen, Deb...an award well-deserved...onward and upward...look out Lake Placid...here comes Deb Meyer!!!
See you soon.
Alan
Post a Comment