Monday, February 14, 2011

Learning from the New York Flyers

Here's what our runners had to say in response to the statement, "If there’s one thing I learned about life from the NY Flyers, it’s this:"


NipGuards are important. - Scott S.


A small group of people passionate about what they do can accomplish great things. - Donna R.


There is a runner in the world who will never complete even my most basic workout to its proper format no matter how many years I coach the club. - Coach Toby T.


...group runs bring friendships - Jens H.


Nothing breaks your heart like a running injury. - Richard B.


If there's one thing that I learned about life from the NY Flyers, it's this: you are never alone, and always inspired. - Bo K.


I learned that I dislike people who whine just as much as I thought I did. - Jo Ann M.


It takes a lot of people to make the club what it is and the more people that step up, the better the club is. - Ed A.


If there's one thing I learned about life from the NY Flyers it's that there is always someone willing to run farther, drink more, take on one more volunteer op, be more supportive, suffer more injuries; we are a club that will always push the limits of what is possible. - Angela G.


Group insanity is much more entertaining than the individual version. - Cary G.


If there's one thing that I learned about life from the NY Flyers, it's this: You don't have to run alone. - Diederik van H.


If there's one thing that I learned about life from the NY Flyers, it's this: that running can create not only a lifestyle and sense of community, but a family as well... - Heather M.


I learned that you don't have to be good at something to enjoy it. - Francine A.


To support and inspire one another, on and off the road. - Deb M.


The Flyers have taught me that we still can have all of the fun, friendships, and passion of childhood -- plus enjoy the decadent eating and drinking of a strengthened metabolism -- thanks Flyers! - Dave K.


Being able to go just a little bit crazy makes it a whole lot easier
to stay sane. - Dana M.


If there's one thing I've learned from the Flyers it's that there really are good, genuine people in the world. - John L.


If there's one thing that I learned about life from the NY Flyers, it's this: a lot of problems can be solved around the loop. - Ashley K.


the one thing i learned from the ny flyers is how that it's possible to begin a new friendship where it feels like you are simply picking up from the past - Elle G.


we tear up the dance floor as well as we tear up race courses all over the world! - Lara K.


“You can get it if you really want, but you must try, try and try, try and try, you'll succeed at last.” - Andreas S. (via Jimmy Cliff)


“Many times I thought of quitting but my heart won’t buy it.” - Joyce S. (via Sinatra)


Enduring friendships. - Gary H.


Hate everyone; trust no one. - Anick J.


Sometimes you just need a little push. - Christine L.


Running and socializing with the New York flyers provides the foundation to keep us grounded and provide a warm, positive environment we all need, as there are lots of difficulties in life! - Anne H.


If there's one thing that I learned about life from the NY Flyers, it's this: There is nothing stronger than a running bond! - Vicky T.


If there's one thing that I learned about life from the NY Flyers, it's this: that the world has a bunch of awesome people with whom I would love to do a loop any day. - John W.


If there is one thing that I learned about life from the NY Flyers, it is that, while hard work pays off, I will never be as fast as Deanna, Brian, Leslie, DJ, Tony, Christine, Jessica and a host of other 'mates...simple as that, but I can draft the wake of air that they leave behind them... - Alan G.


That there is no limit to what people can achieve -- in running and in life in general -- if they set their mind to it. - Uli H.


What I learned from the Flyers is that a slow runner such as myself encounters the same obstacles as the top performers and we all have the same inner dialogue -- somebody (who shall remain nameless)was just as disappointed at not breaking 3 hours in the marathon as I was not breaking 5! - Jim M.


Thanks to some eagle-eye Flyers and their high def cameras, I run almost every race wearing waterproof mascara and colorstay lipstick. - Nora S.


The world would be a much better place if I were in charge. - The Ranting Runner


I learned that just because they make Lycra in your size doesn't necessarily mean you should buy it. - Jon D.


Runners will talk about anything. - Eric V.


There are thousands of reasons for joining other than the marathon bus. - Yan P.


Life never stops: You can be out till the early dawn partying like its 1999, and when you finally get yourself together enough to leave someone asks you, "what time are we running tomorrow?" - Sean J.


Flyers to me means Fantastic friendships. - Jordan G.


It does not matter if you run fast or slow, it is all the support you get from such a great group of people who all love the sport -- thanks Flyers! - Janet H.


Running isn't just about running. - Eric S.

5 comments:

Unknown February 15, 2011 at 1:05 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown February 15, 2011 at 1:07 AM  

I've also learned that if you use a person's first name with just their last initial, no one will be able to tell who the person is.

Eric,  February 15, 2011 at 7:13 AM  

Thanks, Anne!

Scott, I thought it was quite convenient that nobody in this post had the same first name/last initial! That would've really messed me up!

Uli,  February 15, 2011 at 3:38 PM  

Great job as Blogmaster, Eric -- we'll miss you!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP