New Flyer Profile: Rita Dottor
![]() |
| Rita D |
I grew up in Sault Ste.Marie, Ontario, where outdoor activities were a way of life. I was a born accident-looking-for-a-place-to-happen and sports were my outlet. I was never particularly amazing at any of the sports I played. But I loved being on the team. And I loved channeling my endless energy into achieving a goal.
In high school, most sports took a bainckseat to my interests in theater and music. All sports except for running. I couldn't resist the trails at Hiawatha––my favorite running spot still today––so I continued running track and cross country.
In high school, most sports took a bainckseat to my interests in theater and music. All sports except for running. I couldn't resist the trails at Hiawatha––my favorite running spot still today––so I continued running track and cross country.
![]() |
| Ragnar 200 Mile Relay: Maryland to DC 2012 Getting Ready to Run the Trails in the Dark. By Myself! |
While working toward my multiple music degrees in both violin and voice, I did minimal running. However I did do my first 5K in Mississippi when I think I was 19, and I placed 1st. To date, it's the only time that happened. But I do have the medal inscription to prove it.
It wasn't until 3 years later that I ran my first half marathon. The Canadian International Half Marathon in Toronto. It took me 2:04:15. My current half marathon PR is from the 2013 Brooklyn Half with a time of 1:38:09.
It wasn't until 3 years later that I ran my first half marathon. The Canadian International Half Marathon in Toronto. It took me 2:04:15. My current half marathon PR is from the 2013 Brooklyn Half with a time of 1:38:09.
![]() |
| Sprinting Past the Competition Near the Finish Line at the 2013 Brooklyn Half Marathon |
![]() |
| Goodlife Fitness Toronto Marathon 2012 |
![]() |
| Singing the National Anthem at the Start of the 2013 Manhattan Half Marathon |
-Rita D.
Blogmaster's Note: If interested in her upcoming musical performances, follow Rita on twitter here: @fo_rittles. And please click HERE to view a video and hear a sampling of Rita's talents.






1 comments:
Nice piece, Rita...you will reach all of those goals! So glad you are a Flyer and will never forget meeting you after you sang the National Anthem before the Manhattan Half...that was a unique introduction that would be hard to surpass!!!
See you soon...hopefully, you'll have the red white and black on!
Cheers,
Alan
Post a Comment