Healthy Breakfasts When You’re On the Go
“Oh, I never eat breakfast. No time”! As most of you know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it’s your initial fuel for your body. As you sleep, you are burning calories, so the moment you wake up you are already depleted and need to refuel.
Me, well, I’m a keen breakfast lover. Coupled with the fact that I enjoy the early morning, the quiet moments, beautiful sunrises and smell of brewing coffee, I’ve always enjoyed the practice of having breakfast. However, since we’re working (and working out) five out of the seven days of the week, its hard to maintain the schedule of having a healthy breakfast, and sometimes it’s easier to give in to the jelly donut when you’re buying your deliciously large Dunkin’ Donuts coffee.
Here’s a few ideas (of course some of them are my fav’s).
Oatmeal – even in the summer months this is a very fulfilling breakfast, few calories and extremely healthy. I buy the one minute Quaker Oats and it takes exactly that to make. Pour some oats in a bowl, and cover the oats with water (or milk if you prefer) but don’t douse it. Hit 60 seconds on the microwave and voila. Add nuts, raisins and your breakfast is prepared as you’re getting ready for work. Sometimes I even add a scoop of nut butter to it when I’m particularly hungry. Optional: add the granola mix from the recipe in this month’s newsletter.
Egg Soufflé – another quick prep and easy to make. Scramble two eggs (two egg whites or include the yolks), add a bit of milk, add a few cubes of cheese, and anything else you have handy. Put it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (but keep an eye on it so it doesn’t cook over). This results in a fluffy egg soufflé and no mess to clean up.
Fruity Yogurt Smoothie – Blenderize! A few scoops of your favorite yogurt, (plain or vanilla), a bit of fruit juice, some fresh fruit (if you don’t have this you can add frozen fruit which is perfectly fine), a few ice cubes and you’re on your way to an energy booster filled with antioxidants and calcium. If you prefer, add a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
Hope you all enjoy these ideas, please share with us any other fast and healthy breakfasts! - Anne H.
Me, well, I’m a keen breakfast lover. Coupled with the fact that I enjoy the early morning, the quiet moments, beautiful sunrises and smell of brewing coffee, I’ve always enjoyed the practice of having breakfast. However, since we’re working (and working out) five out of the seven days of the week, its hard to maintain the schedule of having a healthy breakfast, and sometimes it’s easier to give in to the jelly donut when you’re buying your deliciously large Dunkin’ Donuts coffee.
Here’s a few ideas (of course some of them are my fav’s).
Oatmeal – even in the summer months this is a very fulfilling breakfast, few calories and extremely healthy. I buy the one minute Quaker Oats and it takes exactly that to make. Pour some oats in a bowl, and cover the oats with water (or milk if you prefer) but don’t douse it. Hit 60 seconds on the microwave and voila. Add nuts, raisins and your breakfast is prepared as you’re getting ready for work. Sometimes I even add a scoop of nut butter to it when I’m particularly hungry. Optional: add the granola mix from the recipe in this month’s newsletter.
Egg Soufflé – another quick prep and easy to make. Scramble two eggs (two egg whites or include the yolks), add a bit of milk, add a few cubes of cheese, and anything else you have handy. Put it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (but keep an eye on it so it doesn’t cook over). This results in a fluffy egg soufflé and no mess to clean up.
Fruity Yogurt Smoothie – Blenderize! A few scoops of your favorite yogurt, (plain or vanilla), a bit of fruit juice, some fresh fruit (if you don’t have this you can add frozen fruit which is perfectly fine), a few ice cubes and you’re on your way to an energy booster filled with antioxidants and calcium. If you prefer, add a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
Hope you all enjoy these ideas, please share with us any other fast and healthy breakfasts! - Anne H.




0 comments:
Post a Comment