Dave K.'s Unofficial Flyers Team Song
(Blogmaster's Note: Do not blame the Blogmaster!)
So, despite my severely limited talents in this area, and despite the fact that I'm joking that I think we need a team song (or am I?), here's what I've come up with.
Who likes it?
Who hates it?
Who can do better?
Please, someone do better......
FLY LIKE A NY FLYER
[Sung to the Tune of the Steve Miller Band's "Fly Like an Eagle"]
(and best to be sung on Karaoke Nights after at least a few beers)
Run, run
Doo doo, doo, do it.
Run, run
Doo doo, doo, do it.
Flyers keep on flyin', flyin', flyin'
Into the future
Flyers keep on flyin', flyin', flyin'
Into the future
I want to fly like an Flyer
To the sea
Fly like a Flyer
Let my spirit carry me
I want to fly like a Flyer
Till I'm free
Oh, Flyers, running revolution*
Feed the runners
Who don't have enough to eat
Shoe the runners
With no running shoes on their feet
House the rabid raccoons
Livin' in the parks and streets
Oh, oh, there's a solution
I want to fly like a Flyer
To the sea
Fly like an Flyer
Let my spirit carry me
I want to fly like a Flyer
Till I'm free
Fly fly through runners-high hallucinations*
*insert swimming and biking for Flyer Triathletes
With heartfelt apologies to the Steve Miller Band and to all those out there with musical taste!




3 comments:
Wow, that's bad, Dave.
After a couple of readings, I am still speechless :-)
Great, Ed -- that must mean you're singing...
Eric, that's bad as in good, right? Like when women stop me in the street to tell me my butt is phat?? Okay, fine, I live a rich fantasy life.
Dave K
Post a Comment