Captain's Liaison Update
The New York Flyers Running Team, 2009
Hello Flyers!! It's me, Lara K., your friendly Captains' Liasion (a sorta fancy Flyer term for "head captain"?) So while I've been slowly coming back from injured reserve, I've had much more time on my hands to see what you all have been up to in the running arena and I've seen that not only were you all running strong towards the beer at Coogan's Restaurant, but hard for points too!! And here's a recap of the team results from Coogan's Salsa, Blues & Shamrocks 5K:Open Women-10th
Masters (40+) Men-8th
Masters (40+) Women-6th
Veterans (50+) Men-11th
Veterans (50+) Women-6th
Super Veterans (60+) Men-8th
Super Veterans (60+) Women-NA (did not field a full team at Coogans)
We got off to a great start, and look forward to seeing the momentum continue at the Scotland Run 10K on April 3rd. I encourage as many of you to run as possible -- let me assure you, it can only help the team...the more the merrier to build that great comaraderie at the races that makes the Flyers so well-known. Can't race, have to do a long run or on injured reserve? Come out and cheer for our runners!! And let's not forget, since it's the Scotland Run, there will be plenty of kilts and skirts out for your viewing pleasure! Have I convinced any of you yet?
Looking for points races beyond Scotland? Full points race schedule can be found here.
Want to know more about points races? We'll have a detailed description in an upcoming blog, but for now: Talk to your team captain.
-Lara K., Women's Sub-masters Captain, and Captains' Liaison


3 comments:
Dear Captains' Liaison,
We, the rank and file, need advice on proper kilt running. Could you ask the club experts;
- Where to get a good running kilt.
- What qualities make for the ideal running kilt?
- What to wear, um, in addition to the kilt.
Thank you,
Kilt-runner wannabe,
John
Dear JohnnyGo,
Unfortunately I do not have the answer to that, so I will refer you to the following people in these pictures, as I am sure they will have a plethora of information:
http://www.nyflyers.org/photos/flyerphotos.php?photosetid=827&photoid=32074&photoyear=2008&pagenum=13
http://www.nyflyers.org/photos/flyerphotos.php?photosetid=885&photoid=35539&photoyear=2008
Now running skirts-I do know!! And rumor has it that a certain captains' liasion will be wearing this at the Scotland Run. And another rumor has it that a certain vice president has worn one of those running skirts on occasion as well :-P
xoxo
Captains' Liasion
JohnnyGo...
I am unsure if you want a kilt so badly...but if you go to Scotland anytime soon...get a kilt there and go for a spin in this attire.
Umm...the kilt running is rather heavy, so expect a longer time and not a PR in your race. This may enable me to run your speed...
Under the kilt? well...if you are adventurous...what is the term they use:
"balls out?"
Post a Comment