Sunday, March 28, 2010

The little blog that could...

Yep, that's us. I've gotten a lot of great, positive comments from people who have been reading and enjoying our Flyers' foray into blog-world. As editor, I really do appreciate it, but I also would like to remind all our readers to please, let our bloggers know they're doing a good job - by either posting a comment, or shooting them a personal e-mail (they can all be found in our trusty Online Flyer Directory). They deserve to know that their effort is recognized.

And the interest in our blog is growing. I have a list of people that have expressed that they want to blog, along with a whole bunch more that I'd like to prod into posting as the year progresses. There's a wide diversity of people and running-related interests in our club, and I'm trying to reflect that on the blog. Let me know if you think I can do better, and how.

So far, I'm pretty happy with the way things are working. In case you haven't noticed, a new blog post typically goes up approximately every other day or so, which gives each blogger his/her day in the sun, but also keeps things fresh and interesting as the month moves along.  With April coming up, the blog schedule for the month is looking great with topics like half marathon training, healthy eating, and volunteering with Achilles, along with our usual ongoing running themes. I've also just updated the link to the Flyer Spotlight at the top of the right-hand sidebar, and will continue to do so from month to month as, so keep an eye on it to learn about the many members in our club. This month, accomplished runner, Iris C. (pictured), is featured.

For everyone out in Central Park today doing the Colon Cancer Challenge, it looks like you've got pretty good race weather out there. Good luck and have fun! - Eric S.

4 comments:

dana,  March 29, 2010 at 1:18 PM  

There is always something new and interesting to read. You guys are all doing a great job. Thank you for all your hard work!

The Laminator March 29, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

Great work on the blog Flyers! You all are very entertaining and inspiring to read and encapsulate all that is great about our sport! Keep up the good work, all!

The New York Flyers March 30, 2010 at 12:14 AM  

Thanks for the supportive comments, and most importantly, for reading our blog! it's good to know that other Flyers are enjoying the effort we all put into this! - Eric S.

Unknown March 31, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

Blogs need a 'like' button! I think you are all doing great and that the enthusiasm will continue to grow. Thanks for your efforts.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP