Member at Large Report
Hello fellow Flyers. For my first post as Member at Large and leader of the New Flyer Run, I wanted to take a look at what makes us all a club. Let's take an informal poll about why we all joined. Everyone has a story, and I generally share mine with the runners at the New Flyer Run every month.
Some of us join for help training for a marathon. Some of us for the friendship that comes along the route. For me, these were two key factors. My running partner had just stopped running, which made it difficult to train for a marathon. I showed up for the New Flyer Run, and the rest is history.
From conversations along the route with other Flyers, I can tell you that we all find something that keeps us coming back. Quite a few of us have join because we see the dedicated runners leading the Long Training Runs every summer. We can give back to the running community by joining.
And then there's everything we get for our dollars. For our yearly membership fee, we get the knowledge of an entire team. Training for a marathon or any other race distance with such a knowledgeable fleet is worth its weight in gold. The Marathon Training Program gave us even more and put our team on the map! Then we have speedwork with a coach. And the social events. And cleaning up the park. And the list goes on.
Running Saturday mornings at the New Flyer Run, I know it's hard for us to express to potential new Flyers all that the club has to offer. Even fitting the conversation into 4 miles is sometimes a challenge.
Stay tuned for future posts highlighting our New Flyers. I hope to introduce some New Flyers to all the Flyers. - Emily S., Member at Large
0 comments:
Post a Comment